Wizard Tattoo Designs and Meanings
Who Wants a Wizard Tattoo?
Wizard tattoos are considered to be a type of fantasy tattoo, one that's usually worn by someone that has interest in fantasy fiction or gaming.
But this design might also be chosen by those who practice or have an appreciation for the magical arts.
The wizard tattoo can be absolutely stunning. The shading and line work is crucial. The face paints the entire picture.
Wizard Tattoo Design Ideas
- Wizard tattoos can portray the figure as a realistic character or like a cartoon.
- Consider a variety of different moods (happy, sad, optimistic, or evil). Evil wizards are actually the most common and popular.
- A wizard tattoo might include the staff, crystal ball, eight ball, hat, wand, sword, or a book of spells. A wizard might be portrayed reading from their spell book or even casting spells. They often depict skulls.
- They can portray the figure in numerous environments, stances, or situations. Lightning is a favorite, but so are clouds, flames, and fire.
- They are often designed with dragons.
- Many are based off popular movie characters. You may see designs based on characters from The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, or the Wizard of Oz.
Wizard Tattoo Meanings
This character can symbolize both positive and negative meanings, depending on the type of wizard portrayed. With that being said, here are some of the more common meanings associated with this design.
Remember, in the end, your tattoo symbolizes what you want it to.
Before You Tattoo
There are some important things to remember before you get inked.
- Make sure you take the time to do your research. You want to make sure that you completely understand what your tattoo represents and stands for.
- Don't rush to get inked! Those that do usually have regrets down the road.
- If you are not sure, wait it out until you find a design that you're sure about.