Tiger Tattoo Designs, Ideas, and Meanings
Like all animal tattoos, the tiger is deeply symbolic. There's a huge variety of designs to choose from, like a Bengal or a white tiger, a ferocious tiger, or a cute tiger.
In this article, I will discuss tiger tattoo designs and their meanings. You'll have the opportunity to view several designs pictured below. In the end, I hope that you are able to find ideas and inspiration for your next tattoo design.
What Tigers Mean
When it comes to animal tattoos, the tiger ranks up there with the best of them. Tigers have been a part of fashion, magic acts, and carnivals for years. Their beautiful stripes make them very attractive in fashion, art, and tattoos. Although the lion is considered to be the king of the jungle, it is actually the tiger. The largest percentage of tigers live in the dense jungles of Asia. Due to the popularity of their fur coats, they're on the endangered species list. The beauty and symbolism of the tiger has made it a highly sought-after tattoo.
- The Bengal and Siberian tigers are absolutely beautiful animals. The Bengal is orange with black stripes, while the Siberian is white with black stripes.
- They are deadly jungle predators. The humans who still live in the jungles where these tigers roam have to be on constant alert for them. One of the tiger's strengths is his ability to hunt and ambush his prey without detection.
- The tiger has played a very important role in Asian cultures, such as China and Japan. In these cultures, the tiger ranks right up there with the dragon. You may also see tiger tattoos that actually have a dragon.
- Japanese Samurai had tigers on their crests.
- As you have already read, the tiger is an endangered animal. Due to this fact, the tiger tattoo has become very important for those who care about the tiger species and conservation. These people wear the tiger tattoo with pride as a reminder of their work.
- As of today, there are only a few thousand left in the entire world. The species became endangered after people had been hunting them for their fur.
The tiger can be portrayed in a variety of different ways. Some show it with a calm expression, while others may show it looking fierce. Many show the tiger in the jungle. Some tiger tattoos will only portray the head of the tiger and others show the entire body.
There are a variety of different meanings that are associated with the tiger tattoo. Here are some:
Two of the most common meanings associated with the tiger tattoo are power and strength. In nature, the tiger is the top predator in its environment. There is no other animal that it is afraid of. The beautiful tiger usually roams alone. Therefore, a tattoo can represent a free spirit or independence.
Along with these positive connotations, the tiger can also symbolize danger, vengeance, or punishment. It can represent the darkness within a person. These meanings are probably associated with the tiger's aggressive behavior.