I have 13 tattoos as well as several piercings, and I think they're all pretty cool.
Taurus (April 21–May 22): The Bull
Taurus is the second sign in the astrological zodiac and is represented by the symbol of a bull. It is an earth sign, and those born under this sign are ruled by the planet Venus (which also rules Libra).
When illustrated, the Taurean symbol is a circle topped by a squiggly U shape to form the appearance of a bull head with horns.
Key Characteristics of a Taurus
Being housed under the sign of the bull, Tauruses are characteristically stubborn, determined, and strong, and they believe in standing up for what is right. Although they're often blamed for being headstrong, a Taurus's stubbornness is sometimes actually rebelliousness.
A Taurus is acutely aware of their inner worth and very sensitive to moments when they are being underappreciated as a partner, child, or friend. They are calm, level-headed, and down-to-earth, able to view all sides of a problem.
They are also very emotional and tend to be shy, reserved, and introverted. They are creative individuals who value family, trust, honesty, consistency, and stability. Nobody loves food more than a Taurus, yet at the same time, they can be quite picky eaters.
Love and Intimacy
Taurus is the most sensual sign in the zodiac—their ruling planet of Venus, Goddess of Love, can account for that. Taureans experience life primarily through all five (and sometimes six) senses, all of which are greatly heightened.
They are loyal and deeply romantic. They crave touch, affection, and interaction and often feel their lives are not complete without true intimacy. They do not share this intimacy with just anyone, however.
There must be an inherent sense of trust before a Taurus will give over freely. But once they are willing to give that love—watch out! They will be willing to give it forever.
Highly sensitive and sentimental, a Taurus can be moved to tears by a beautiful sunset. Taurus's sexuality is strong. They enjoy making love, especially if there's music playing in the background to set the mood, and they believe in having a healthy, well-rounded sex life.
Taurus is one of four fixed signs in the zodiac, and as such, they desire security, though not necessarily financially. Emotional security is much more important to them. Because they are fixed signs, they tend to stick with what they know works, as opposed to trying new and different things on a frequent basis.
Read More from Tatring
Body Parts Ruled by Taurus
Taurus rules the following:
- Lower Jaw
Taurus women traditionally have gorgeous collarbones and lovely, slender necklines. Many are phenomenal singers.
The downside is that they may be more prone to throat-related problems, such as recurrent incidents of strep throat, colds that settle in the throat, coughs, persistent earaches, stiff necks, and other injuries. This may be partly related to the throat chakra being a key element for Taurus.
The Impact of Negative Polarity
Taurus is Negative in polarity (along with Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn, and Pisces). Negative signs are generally introverted and introspective. They are much more likely to look inward, drawing upon their own inner reserves of strength and wisdom, as opposed to looking outward toward external stimuli.
Negative signs are naturally more nurturing than the Positive signs (Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius, and Aquarius). The downside is that Negative signs are more cautious and standoffish than Positive signs. More than any other sign, Taurus will stew silently and keep their feelings under tight control.
Taurus Tattoo Design Inspiration
- There are lots of wonderful tattoo combinations out there that incorporate the bull, sign, constellation, and other Taurus signifiers, like this one from @joshhobdentattoo.
- There are also plenty of spectacularly detailed depictions of the bull or cow that still incorporate direct references to Taurus, such as these from @marlainamortatiart and @midgardtattoocompany.
- Others may choose to go with just the astrological sign itself in a simple, yet still very expressive design, like these from @tattoos_by_tara.
- Though if you want something a little more abstract, then you might want to check out these stylized depictions of the bull by @lapattyinkheart and @tattootinus.
- Or it you still want something abstract but with a lighter touch, you might consider just using some horns in a more minimal, but still aesthetically pleasing, way, like @murderofcrowstattoostudio.
More Astrology Tattoo Design Ideas
- Western & Chinese Zodiac Astrology Tattoos: Meanings & Design Ideas
- Sagittarius Tattoo Ideas and Pictures
- Aries Tattoo Ideas for Men and Women: Design Inspirations and Meanings
© 2008 Jaclyn Popola
Christina on December 16, 2011:
Omg! This is me all day long!
Saige on September 03, 2011:
This described me so well than i was freaked out. I don't really believe in horoscopes or their accuracy but after reading this holy shit!!! Someone has been stalking me. I think im a believer now wow