I have thirteen tattoos. I think they're all pretty cool (and definitely don't qualify as "bad-quality").
I've been through a normal amount of pain in my life: the pain of sickness, the pain of addiction, the pain of loss, love, disappointment, and regret. There have been moments where I've felt I was on the brink of insanity, and I've literally fallen to the floor clutching at my chest because my heart hurt so bad and I couldn't reach deep enough inside to find the strength to soothe it. Pain is inevitable. But without it, there would be no good, there would be no joy. We only know that something is good because we have, at some point, experienced something bad. Eminem's new album "Recovery" was just released and I've been listening to it non-stop. Now there is a man who has been through an above average amount of pain—abandoned by his father, abused by his mother, a poor upbringing, a sadistic love/hate relationship with Kim, the loss of his best friend Proof, and finally a several year long drug addiction to painkillers from which he is just now recovering. The brutal truth of it all shows in his lyrics. A sharp rhyme and brilliant flow, a couple of methodically placed words and suddenly he's expressing something we feel as well. It's amazing how lyricists can give voice to our own emotions, reminding us that our suffering really is universal.
Tattoo Ideas: Quotes About Pain
- Pain nourishes courage. You can't be brave if you've only had wonderful things happen to you.
- Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
- Let your joy scream across the pain.
- One must still have chaos in oneself to give birth to a dancing star. -Nietzsche
- The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain. -Kahlil Gibran
- But pain insists upon being attended to. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world. -C.S. Lewis
- Dreams and anguish bring us together. -Eugene Ionesco
- In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was within me an invincible summer. -Albert Camus
- Never to suffer would never to have been blessed. -Edgar Allan Poe
5master0mind5 on June 27, 2019:
Lost my big brother 4 years ago to gun violence. I have a tattoo on my chest 2 hands mine n his with a quote "brother's never let go" i miss this fool. It has not been the same since he's been gone.
jayde loves eminem on January 08, 2012:
i love what that person wrote about eminem. i tattooed "eminem" on my foot with a tattoo gun, but i want one of his lyrics. he is amazing
kayleigh13 on February 12, 2011:
ive been through a lot of pain the last few years and i mean a lot! first my dad walked out on me then i lost both my gandparents, i was bullied really badly at school then my youngest sister aged 11 was diagnosed with cancer. so i want a tattoo to relate to how much pain i have been through and how precious life is any ideas??
thank you x
Great Tattoos on September 27, 2010:
Love your tattoos.
needy on September 05, 2010:
i want a tattoo with eminem lyrics but i don't know which one, i want it to be about my life. my life has been through abuse and hatred, and been raised by only my mother because my father cheated on her and left us without money.
please help, by getting this tattoo im commiting myself to start a new life a look towards a bright future. i am becoming an actor.
please give me some ideas.
white atlantic from INDIA on July 05, 2010:
good pictures....i liked them