Snowflake Tattoo Designs and Meanings
Just like every snowflake is unique, so is every snowflake tattoo. These are very beautiful and when done correctly, they can be quite stunning.
In this article, I will discuss snowflake tattoo designs, including their various meanings. You will also have the chance to view a variety of different designs. In the end, I hope that you are able to find inspiration and ideas for your own tattoo.
Symbolism and Design
Snowflakes can be decorative and make a great addition to other tattoos. With so many variations and designs, people can usually find a design that fits their style and personality.
- The primary symbol of the snowflake is uniqueness. When you look at snow from a distance, it looks like a massive blanket. On closer inspection, though, you find that it's made up of many entirely unique flakes. They all have different patterns and measurements. Thus, the snowflake can be a symbol of one's individuality.
- Snowflakes are delicate and short-lived, and can, therefore, represent fragility and the fleeting nature of life.
- When we see snow falling from the sky, we are instantly reminded of the winter holidays. In modern times, the snowflake is a symbol of Christmas and Christ's birth.
- There is something special about the way a snowflake descends from the heavens, making it a symbol of grace.
- Unlike rain, snow is a perfect example of quietness, as it makes no noise falling from the sky.
- Their shape makes them a prime example of divine beauty in nature.
- The snowflake can be a symbol of rebirth. Snow makes the earth look clean and fresh. This is why snowflakes can also be a symbol of purity. When it melts, it's transformed into water, making it a suitable symbol for transformation and new beginnings.
Snowflakes can be designed in color, usually in hues of blue and purple, or in solid black ink. They can also be done in a tribal or Celtic style. The Celtic snowflake is a real eye-catcher and may symbolize the circle of life or life in general.
In most cases, the snowflake is a positive symbol. Although these meanings can be applied to the snowflake tattoo, remember, your tattoo ultimately represents what you want it to. That said, below are some common meanings:
Since the snowflake can be drawn small or large, it can be placed nearly anywhere you want. They are commonly designed with trail art, which gives the image the appearance of movement. The trail art makes the tattoo stand out. Since they are associated with winter, the sky, and beauty, they can be paired with stars, trees, birds, fairies, or even butterflies. They can make a great addition to an already-existing tattoo. Just make sure that you take the time to look at different designs and ponder your choice carefully.
© 2012 Richard Ricky Hale