Lighthouse Tattoo Designs, Ideas, and Meanings
The Lighthouse Tattoo
One interesting design that you may want to consider for your next tattoo is the lighthouse. While it's not that popular, both men and women do still seek them out. It can also represent a variety of different meanings—they are usually also very colorful and very meaningful to those who have them. Although they can be designed in various sizes, due to the detail and shades, it looks much better large.
In this article, we will discuss lighthouse tattoo designs. We will also review their meanings and you will have the opportunity to view many different variations. In the end, we hope that you are able to find ideas and inspiration for your next tattoo!
Lighthouse tattoos come in a variety of different creative designs and are often portrayed with other maritime symbols. They're worn by both men and women, and are a popular design especially in coastal areas.
They are symbolic and represent a variety of different things. The lighthouse was created years ago and it served one general purpose: to warn passing ships that the coast was near. The light in the lighthouse can be seen from miles away, and it would let the sailors know that the coast was near. This same interpretation can be said for the tattoos in that they represent "a guiding light" in our life. It can symbolize the correct path to take in life. For some, the symbolic value in this tattoo can run deep in meaning.
- You rarely ever see a lighthouse portrayed alone in the tattoos. They'll often portray maritime symbols or appropriate characters within the designs. There are a host of symbols that can be incorporated with it. These can include anchors, stars, ocean water and waves, the moon, swallows, doves, and much more. This gives you an advantage to create a unique one of your own, one that has never been seen before. Flowers, fish, and lightning are also portrayed in lighthouse tattoo designs.
- Lighthouse tattoos often portray the coastal landscape, which can include sand and jagged rocky edges. This is one of the most colorful tattoo designs out there.
- They are usually done in medium to large sizes. Due to their size, they are most popularly found on the arms, legs, and backs. This is not to say that they don't come in smaller sizes and that they can be tattooed anywhere else on the body, because they can be. Make sure you take your time and view a variety of different designs so you can find a suitable size.
- A popular version of this tattoo design portrays the lighthouse as if it was in a photo. These designs include an exterior boundary around the outer edge of the design. This gives the image that the tattoo is within a picture.
- Some designs may also use rope or ribbon on the border of it. Ribbons are a popular choice, since a scripted phrase can be added onto it.
- Lighthouses are also a popular way to symbolize sailors, fishermen, and loved ones that lived the maritime life or those who have passed at sea. This may include their name, important dates, or ribbons that read "faith" or "hope." For example, if a child has lost their dad, they may get one with "Dad" at the bottom on a ribbon.
- For obvious reasons, this design is popular among sailors and fishermen. It can be used to symbolize those who brave the open waters every day to make a living for their family. When you consider all of this, this is just as meaningful as any other tattoo symbol in the world.
There are a variety of different meanings that are associated with this design. As you read earlier, they are popular among sailors and fishermen. These are the people that can carry deep symbolic meaning with the tattoo. This includes:
- The correct path
Although it is symbolic, many people also choose this design for its beauty. It is very colorful and there are many things that can be associated with them. This gives you many options. For example, you can design it to make it look very realistic or give it a more cartoon look. It can have a landscape behind it while others may appear as if they are within the clouds.
There are some very important things that you need to remember before you choose a final tattoo.
- Do your own research and take the time to look at a variety of different designs. You want to make sure you are completely sure about your final choice.
- Take your time and don't rush to get inked. You don't want to get one based just on impulse. Take your time and make sure you fully understand what your tattoo means and represents. Those that rush to get one without research and knowing what their tattoo represents are more likely to regret it later on down the road.
So, remember: Take your time and research your tattoo! If the lighthouse is not for you, there are an endless number of other options out there.
Thanks for reading!
© 2012 Richard Ricky Hale