Hope Tattoo Designs, Meanings, Ideas, and Pictures
Hope Tattoos (Script Tattoos of the Word "Hope")
There are a few different four-letter words that are often used in the tattoo world as a symbol of inspiration. One of those words is "hope."
So what is hope? By definition, hope represents a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen. This can apply to many things or circumstances in your life. Hope is closely related to trust, promise, and expectation.
Hope tattoos are actually quite popular and are worn by both men and women. Although hope tattoos always include the word "hope," they can be designed with a variety of different symbols. They are worn for a wide range of reasons and can be designed to fit and convey your personal meaning.
In this article, we will discuss hope tattoo designs and meanings. We will also review a variety of different ways that they can be designed. In the end, we hope that you are able to find inspiration and ideas for your own hope tattoo design.
Hope Tattoo Meanings
Hope represents a feeling of desire and expectation for something to happen. Below, you will find a variety of reasons why someone may choose such a tattoo although mostly, people get one to serve as a constant reminder to have hope.
- Faith: Some people choose this word to represent their beliefs. They may also feel obligated to give hope to those they meet.
- Hardship: At one time or another, we have all gone through trying times. Some choose the hope tattoo to represent the fact that they have gone through hard times and survived. For them, this word is a constant reminder of their strong will.
- Victory: The hope tattoo can also represent overcoming the impossible. This may apply to someone who has escaped death, a negative situation, cancer, or anything else.
- Cancer: Many who have had or are currently battling cancer choose this design to represent the feat, pain, struggle, and success of their hard journey.
What does "hope" mean to you? Everyone has a different interpretation, but one thing that we can all agree on is the fact that it is positive. Hope is closely related to love, inspiration, faith, and belief.
Hope Tattoo Design Options
Some think that "hope" tattoo designs all look the same, but this is not the case. Truth be told, there are countless ways that the design can be individualized. Yes, many hope tattoo designs are simple. This is because the word is such a meaningful term.
However, here are some very creative ways to make this simple word into an eye-catching tattoo:
- Have it done in a variety of different text fonts and languages
- Have it done in Chinese kanji 希望
- Use colors and shading to make it stand out
- Sometimes, you'll see the word made of pink ribbons to signify surviving cancer
- Include it with other symbols such as hearts, stars, flowers, or crosses.
- Include words, sayings, or phrases: You may see such tattoos with "I am hope," "hope is all we have," or "faith and hope."
- Use an ambigram of faith and hope; an ambigram reads one word ("hope") one way, but when it is flipped, it reads "faith." Very cool.
- Depict the word hope with other words, like love, faith, truth, and life.
Things to Remember
- There are some very important things to remember before you get your hope tattoo (or any tattoo).
- Please make sure that you take the time to do your research. You want to be sure that you fully understand what it represents and stands for. You don't want to get inked and find out later that your tattoo symbolizes something totally different from what you first thought.
- Please don't rush to get inked! Those that do it on impulse usually have regrets later on down the road. Don't make this same mistake!
- Remember, tattoos are meant to last a lifetime. You don't want to go through the process of laser removal and cover-ups. If you do, it can get really costly.
- Be sure to research your tattoo artist. Go to a quality artist, one who is professional. Ask to see their work.
© 2013 Richard Ricky Hale