Betta Fish Tattoos and Design Ideas
Betta Fish Tattoos
Lots of people have and love betta fish. Also known as "Siamese fighting fish," bettas are known for both their beauty and their aggression. They are so territorial that they can't be kept in a tank with other bettas, and they thrive by themselves, but they often develop strong bonds with their caregivers, so they're not complete introverts. These little fish have lots of personality.
Since these fish come in a wide variety of colors and different fins styles and shapes in the wild, you have free rein where color and shape are concerned.
Betta Fish Tattoo Meanings
- Strong Will
Betta Fish Tattoo Design Ideas
Betta fish tattoos can be portrayed with many elements and symbols to augment their meaning and beauty.
- The betta fish is symbolic to Malaysia and Thailand. People in these countries often gambled on these fighting fish. In the wild, betta hunt all the time. When humans first started keeping them, there was a high interest in betta fish fighting. This is one reason that this tattoo might represent chance or luck.
- These fish come in an astonishing variety of colors and color combinations, and their fins can grow quite long, ruffled, and intricate, so the tattoo artist can have a lot of fun with this design.
- Since the betta fish is associated with Asian cultures, you may see them designed with koi fish or cherry blossoms.
- You also see them designed with water or plants.
- These are solitary fish, so you usually see only one depicted in a tattoo. However, they do get together to mate, so you'll sometimes see a tattoo of two bettas doing a rare tango together.
Before You Tattoo
There are some very important things that you need to remember before you choose to get your betta fish tattoo (or any tattoo).
- Make sure that you take the time to research. Make sure that you fully understand what your tattoo represents and stands for before you find out too late.
- Don't rush to get inked! Those that do usually hate their tattoo later on down the road.
- If you are not completely sure, don't get tattooed.