Reviews of the Best Tattoo Aftercare Cream Kits
Now you've made the decision to get a new tattoo or have just had your amazing piece of art inked in the last few days, it's time to consider your tattoo aftercare. You probably paid a good few hundred dollars already for your art work. A typical day sitting with my tattoo artist is a flat $850, so a few more dollars on tattoo aftercare creams and lotions will be a smart investment that will make your tattoo shine!
The moment your tattoo artist wraps your fresh tattoo at the end of your session, it begins its healing process. Typically, a tattoo can take anywhere from three to six weeks to heal itself, then a further three months to be able to withstand the heat from the sun.
During the first week, your tattoo will need help to repair and regenerate itself. You will need to wash it with anti-bacterial wash and apply the appropriate tattoo aftercare cream and lotions.
I personally recommend using a tattoo kit. Keeping your tattoo clean and using the balms and lotions has helped many of my tattoos heal nicely. I just wish I had of known about tattoo aftercare and the products a lot sooner!
There are box set or kits available for complete tattoo aftercare. Read on for reviews on three of the best kits available and a standalone aftercare ointment.
Tattoo Aftercare Process
Your fresh tattoo, in its most basic form is an open wound and should be treated as such. The main reason your Tattoo Artist wrapped your tattoo once they were finished, was to give it some protection from infection-creating particles that exist in your everyday environment.
- When you're in a clean place, i.e your bathroom, remove the wrap and wash the tattoo thoroughly with antibacterial foam wash.
- Allow it to air dry for approximately one hour.
- Apply appropriate aftercare cream sparingly.
- Reapply three to five times a day.
- Wash your new tattoo three times a day for the first three to five days.
- Continue applying aftercare cream when required, allowing any scabs or flaking skin to dry naturally. Do not apply aftercare cream to scabs.
By assisting your tattoo with the necessary moisture supplied by tattoo aftercare lotions and minimal exposure to infection, you're giving your tattoo its best chance at developing into a well-healed tattoo with no damage or blow out.
H2Ocean Ultimate Tattoo Care Kit
This is a quality tattoo aftercare kit made by the industry for the industry. Containing a unique, all-natural water-based three-step system, it will help new and existing tattoos remain bright and brilliant for years to come. The foam wash provides moisture and nutrients to the tattoo while cleansing it at the same time, avoiding any unpleasant, potentially damaging dryness commonly experienced when using other antibacterial foam washes.
H2Ocean Foam acts as an all-natural liquid bandage that provides a layer of moisturizing protection, while locking in color, against airborne micro-organisms known to cause infections and damage tattoos while healing. A truly practical tattoo healing product.
AfterShock Tattoo Aftercare Box Set: Premium Kit
Premium tattoos require superior tattoo aftercare products, and AfterShock Tattoo Aftercare Kit offers that superiority and much more.
It contains five exceptional tattoo aftercare products developed by a pharmacist and pharmaceutical chemist to prepare for every stage of your tattoos healing process: a skin lotion, foam soap, hydrating spray, body balm, and exfoliating gel. Each is made of only naturally occurring, clean organic oils with no artificial perfumes or toxic chemicals.
The foam soap, body balm, and skin location are all loved with natural healing oils. The foam soap is made from coconut, refined hemp, and jojoba oil, and the body balm and skin lotion have ten different oils as well.
The hydrating spray is particularly nice because it easily applied without the potential contamination of using your hands. It contains a soothing pro-vitamin B5.
Included in the ultimate AfterShock Tattoo Aftercare Kit is the rarely offered exfoliating gel to aid in removing old dead, flaky skin.
Have you had a tattoo that became damage due to poor tattoo aftercare?See results without voting
Why Buy a Tattoo Kit?
- When you purchase an aftercare kit, it will usually have an antibacterial foam soap wash, a tattoo healing balm, and a tattoo lotion for moisturizing. Additionally, it may contain a sunscreen for protection against the sun. (A fresh tattoo should not be exposed to the sun's harmful and often painful rays in the first few months).
- When you use a kit, you know the company that produces each of products is the same uses similar ingredients. In turn, this limits a person's potential allergic reaction or discomfort that can sometimes be experienced when using any product.
- Each individual item in a tattoo aftercare kit is designed to work in conjunction with the others at specific stages of your tattoo's healing process. One company producing your tattoo aftercare products ensures that ingredients do not activate unwanted results when mixed with another company's product.
- By buying all of your aftercare products at once, you ensure you will have the specific product required for each step of the process on hand. You do not miss out on any steps of the tattoo healing because you were not prepared.
Tattoo Goo Tattoo Aftercare Kit
Tattoo Goo's aftercare kit is well known and trusted within the tattoo community. Developed over time with input from industry professionals, Tattoo Goo meets all stages the tattoo healing process with a required product from its vast range.
It contains the three steps of traditional tattoo aftercare kits as well as a sunscreen product with SPF 30 to protect against the sun's color-fading rays.
Ink Fixx Tattoo Aftercare Lotion and Ointment
Ink Fixx Tattoo Aftercare Lotion and Ointment was created by industry specialists and artists. Its tattoo-healing lotion is the only aftercare solution without the unnecessary ingredients. Its rich blend of vitamins and minerals revitalize and rejuvenate natural healing of the skin's damaged cells. The grape seed extract protects 50 times more than vitamin C, and its anti-inflammatory properties reduce swelling.
More by this Author
When should you wrap a new tattoo and why? Make sure you wrap your tattoo the right way. Read on!
Want to know if you can get your new tattoo wet? Read on to find out what to do about getting your new tattoo wet, going swimming with a new tattoo or just cleaning your new tattoo.
Your new tattoo doesn't feel right and you're concerned you may have an infection. Learn the symptoms of an infected tattoo and find out how to deal with it.