TatRing is a place to get body art inspiration and advice from experts and enthusiasts. If you have a firsthand tattoo or piercing experience, TatRing wants to hear about it—we’re always looking for new writers to share their stories on our site.
We’re a proud community of everyday expert writers—please review our editorial policy before starting to write! Additionally, before submitting an article to TatRing, please read all of the following suggestions for success.
What We Love to See:
- Authenticity: Writers who share their own stories and photos and talk about their own personal experience in their About the Author Bio (click here to create one).
- Expertise: Tattoo or piercing collectors and artists who have spent some time studying, acquiring knowledge, and forming opinions on the topic.
- Passion: Body art lovers who share their genuine appreciation with their audience.
- Style: Well-organized, good looking, and original articles that inspire and help readers plan their next tattoo or piercing.
What We'd Rather Not See:
- Lack of Experience or Knowledge: Especially when offering medical advice.
- Duplicate Content: Articles that have already been published elsewhere.
- Topics That Have Already Been Covered on TatRing: Unless your article is better! We suggest that you spend some time browsing our site to get a sense of what’s already been done.
- Poor Images: Photos that are low quality, not original, or improperly sourced. “Google Images” or “Pinterest” do not count as sources. To learn more, please review our guide to properly sourcing images.
Here are some examples of stellar articles on TatRing that we showcase. These articles exhibit the type of high-quality work we wish to see on the site:
- Semicolon Tattoo Meaning, Ideas, and Pictures
- Bird Tattoos Interpreted: What Various Birds Mean & Represent
- Japanese Hannya Tattoos: Origins, Meanings & Ideas
- A Tattoo Artist's Tips for Getting a Tattoo You'll Love Forever
- 17 Things I Wish I'd Known Before I Got My Nose Pierced
If you are intrigued by our community and would like to write for TatRing, we’d love to have you! In order to set up an account to begin writing, please sign up on HubPages. Articles are initially written on our parent platform and then, if they are high enough quality, moved to one of our Network Sites like TatRing.